Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 (64-bit)
3D modeling and animation software
Autodesk® 3ds Max® software provides a comprehensive 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing solution for games, film, and motion graphics artists. 3ds Max 2014 has new tools for crowd generation, particle animation, and perspective matching, as well as support for Microsoft® DirectX 11® shaders.
Autodesk® 3ds Max® software offers powerful, out-of-the-box capabilities for creating professional-quality 3D animation. With a creative toolset for 3D modeling, animation, simulation, and rendering, 3ds Max helps games, film, and motion graphics artists create better 3D content in less time.
- 3D modeling and texturing
- Vector map support. Get new support for vector maps.
- Mesh and surface modeling. Efficiently create parametric and organic objects.
- Texture assignment and editing. Use texture mapping, baking, and layering.
- Shading and material design. Accelerate shading and material design.
- 3D animation
- Populate crowd animation. Generate believable human motion.
- Character animation and rigging tools. Create believable characters.
- General animation tools. Get a range of keyframe and procedural tools.
- Animated deformers. Add life to creatures and simulate fluidic effects.
- Dynamics & effects
- Augmented particle flow system. Create better physical simulations in less time.
- MassFX. Create simulations with unified simulation solvers.
- Particle Flow. Create water, fire, spray, and snow effects.
- Hair and fur. Create strand-derived effects like hair and grass.
- 3D rendering
- Improved viewport performance. Get better interactive and playback performance.
- DX 11 viewport rendering. 3ds Max now supports DirectX 11 shaders.
- Integrated rendering options. Use NVIDIA® iray® rendering technology.
- Render pass system. Segment scenes for downstream compositing.
- ActiveShade interactive rendering. Iterate more effectively with interactive rendering.
- Nitrous accelerated graphics core. Accelerate your workflow with Nitrous.
- Slate compositing editor. Wire together composites in Slate.
- UI, workflow, and pipeline
- Perspective Match. Place CG elements into photo backgrounds.
- 2D Pan and Zoom. Pan and zoom without affecting camera position.
- Configurable user interface. Access multiple views with tabbed layouts.
- Adobe After Effects interoperability (enhanced). Get efficient 2D/3D data exchange.
- Data transfer and pipeline integration. Get single-step data transfer with 3ds Max.
- Compositing integration. Choose from several compositing options in 3ds Max.
- Collaborative workflows with Containers. Use containers to override object properties.
- 3ds Max SDK. Extend and customize 3ds Max with the SDK.
- Windows® 8 or Windows® 7 64-bit Professional operating system
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi core processor
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB recommended)
- 4.5 GB free disk space for installation
- 3-button mouse
- Latest version of Microsoft® Internet Explorer®, Apple® Safari®, or Mozilla® Firefox® web browser